The first thing you should do is immediately report the injury to your employer.
Your employer should give you some forms to begin the process of filing for workers’ compensation. If not, feel free to contact the Marshall Grinder Debski Pitts Law Firm or the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) to obtain an application. You will be asked to thoroughly explain the circumstances surrounding your injury.

Seek medical attention immediately. If your employer does not direct you to a medical provider, you should proceed on your own as soon as possible. Remember, an Ohio worker can always choose his or her own doctor.

If you would prefer to have legal assistance throughout the course of your workers’ compensation claim, or if your claim is taking too long to process or has been denied, you may consider hiring an attorney experienced in the specialized law of workers’ compensation to help you better understand and protect your rights.